Preventing an AbscessJanuary 26, 2017
Feed My Starving Children- Dec. 2016March 8, 2017
Valentine’s Day is coming up fast and we have some DIY valentines tips to keep your breath fresh!
It’s that time of year again where love is in the air and heart shapes are popping up everywhere. Valentine’s Day is the holiday where everyone hopes to look their personal best for their significant other and that’s including their smile. If you notice your breath a bit on the smelly side and your teeth aren’t sparkling as they should, don’t worry! Valentine’s Day is a week away, giving you plenty of time to freshen up.
Here are some cheap and easy valentines tips and home remedies to help prepare your smile for Valentine’s Day:
- Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth hydrated and smelly breath under control.
- Eat citrus fruits to help fight off the bacteria that creates the bad breath smell. The acid from the fruit stimulates saliva which is the bacteria fighter.
- Chew mint gum to help keep the mouth salivated, therefore, fighting off bad breath bacteria.
- Mix a few teaspoons of baking soda and lemon juice to make a paste that helps whiten your teeth naturally. After mixing the two ingredients, put some on your toothbrush and apply. Leave it on for about a minute, then rinse.
- Mix strawberries, salt, and baking soda to make a natural teeth-whitening scrub.
- 1-3 strawberries
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Mash berries into a pulp, then add the other ingredients. Wipe saliva off your teeth with a paper towel and put some scrub onto a toothbrush and apply. Let the mixture sit on your teeth for 5 minutes, then rinse. Do this nightly.
- Scoop a tablespoon of coconut oil and before brushing your teeth in the morning, swish the oil around your teeth for 10-15 minutes. Afterward, spit it out and rinse with water, then brush your teeth.
- Brush Your Tongue! The tongue is a bacteria sponge but brushing and even using a tongue scraper can greatly improve your breath.
- Floss! Most types of oral bacteria hide in hard to reach places; along the gumline and between the teeth. Clearing away the plaque and bacteria from the edges makes your mouth feel noticeably cleaner and it has the same effect on your breath.
Keep in mind that most of these valentines tips don’t work the first day, so start now to look your very best for your significant other.